Plastic and Carbon Credits
GOLD STANDARD OF PLASTIC CREDITS
PlasCred will be responsible for creating an entirely new standard for plastic credits – exploration of protocols and standards have begun with Verra and SCS Global
- To date there are no standards and protocols for “end of life” for plastics.
PlasCred is expected to remove 256 tonnes of plastic per day with potential value of $51,200 to $204,800 per day in Phase One.
- Current market value of plastic credits are $50 – $800 per tonne of plastic removed.
Immediate market demand exists for PlasCred’s plastic credit solutions, as Pepsi, Coke, Nestle, and P&G are all currently involved in a class action lawsuit for plastic pollution.
PlasCred has formed a Credit Development Team partnered with Verra and SCS Global.
- Countries internationally have agreed to climate policies (e.g. Paris Accord)
and are committed to reducing Greenhouse Gases (GHG), such as by imposing taxes on GHG emissions.
- Carbon trading markets are expanding quickly, as companies producing GHG emissions are looking to offset their taxes using carbon credits.
Voluntary Carbon Units
- Voluntary Carbon Markets are on pace to be valued between $5B – $100B market by 2030.
- Current market value of carbon credits are ~$8-22 per tonne of carbon removed.
Compliant Carbon Credits – The Gold Standard for Value
- Compliant carbon credits have a set value of $34.99* per tonne carbon removed and have a dedicated demand market of mostly energy organizations.